Chairman of the Regulatory Authority for Energy and Mining Investments (OSINERGMIN) in Peru and Coordinator of the Master Program in Regulation, Catholic University of Peru
Track A, Session 13
Industrial Engineer graduated from the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (
One function of the Peruvian Energy Regulatory Authority (OSINERGMIN) is to supervise quality of the power sector. OSINERGMIN’s model for quality supervision is unique in Latin America because it is based on specific processes for each activity (technical quality, commercial quality, public lighting and safety). Each supervision process includes:
"Peruvian model for quality supervision of the power sector"
• Desirable quality levels;
• Quantitative targets;
• Assignment of responsibilities for the entities supervised and the regulator;
• Measurement of quality levels through sampling techniques and other methods;
• Scale of fines based on avoided costs as a means to incentivate compliance with quality standards; and
• Periodic evaluation and retrofitness.