Director, Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL)
Track A, Session 1
Economist and Engineer.
Doctorate in production engineering.
Worked at Eletrosul from1975 to 1992.
Full Professor at the Federal University of Santa Catarina, where he has lectured since 1982.
Currently Director of ANEEL, for which he was previously superintendent for more than 5 years.
"Power Supply Assurance Changes in the Wholesale Markets"
- General Characteristics of the Electricity Industry
- Basic Premises of the Power Sector Restructuring
- Fundamental Assumptions
- How Transmission should be treated
- Typical cases of some Designs
- Commercialization via bilateral contracts
- Conditions for a good model
- Markets and stimulus for expansion
- Main regulatory issues